Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

MAY 2010


May 21, 2010
Thank You Nathan, Brad, Cody, and Bryan of Soft Silence for stopping by to do a set for us in studio on Live 1055! You were awesome! To learn more about the band visit http://www.myspace.com/thesoftsilence

_______________________________________________
May 19,2010

The Victory Speech
I read recently of a man in Russia celebrating his 105th birthday. The article said that he has never been farther then 5 miles from the place he was born.

I don't know why he continues breathing.

For me, the true measure of a life is not it's length, but its volume: its length times its height times its width. My life has been extraordinary - I've been to nearly half the countries in the world, I've been to places and done things others can only dream about.

But these are just places. Multiply them by the people I've met: different colors, different cultures. People on buses, on trains and the one's who tell you that the reason you're lost is because you're holding the map upside down. Most of them I liked, some I didn't. A few of them I loved.

Then multiply again by the people who have loved me... My life becomes vast.

Some who love me are in this room, some couldn't make it because of distance and time. Some, far too many, could not be here for a much more final and permanent reason.

Someone famous once said that growing old is not for sissies. I say that dying is not for cowards. They also say that there are five stages to dying - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance. I say that they are wrong - that there are really six stages. The sixth is Revenge and living well is the best revenge. I've lived my life as fully and as well as I possibly could.

This ...may end the fight but I've already won. So celebrate my revenge with me, and remember me as a victor not a victim.

Here's to you, here's to me, here's to us.
L.J.C - 1937-2002
____________________________________________


After a successful petition to bring to . . . there's now a new BETTY WHITE "Saturday Night Live" Facebook campaign to make Betty the next host of the Oscars. It's called, simply, Getting Betty White to Host the Academy Awards

As of late last night, almost 43,000 people have linked up to the page by "liking" it. The Facebook "SNL" campaign grew to over 515,000 members. (--Here's the link to the "Getting Betty White to Host the Academy Awards" campaign . . .)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Getting-Betty-White-to-Host-the-Academy-Awards/115984301773436



California Strawberry Festival in Oxnard, May 15 & 16, 2010. Now in its 27th season, one of the nation's top outdoor family Festivals!
www.strawberry-fest.org/


U.S. SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN RECREATE LADY GAGA'S "TELEPHONE" ON YOUTUBE

No comments:

Post a Comment