Question: The Hangover Part 2" owned the Memorial Day weekend box office, pulling in $137 million in its long weekend release. It's the best opening ever for an R-rated movie. What movie previously held the top spot?
Answer: The Matrix Reloaded" earned $134.3 million in its first five days.
Question: Single ladies, if you're looking for a "cheerful & secure boyfriend – Look for one that has this...
ANSWER: A sister or sisters
Question: According to a recent survey Johnny Depp tops the list of celebrities women would most like to cheat on their significant other with - which male celeb came in 2nd?
Answer:. George Clooney
Top Female Responses:
1. Johnny Depp
2. George Clooney
3. Hugh Jackman
4. Barack Obama
5. Brad Pitt
QUESTION: One in every 138 people in the US have this in common. What is it?
ANSWER: They're in jail
QUESTION: It has nothing to do with height, but taller people do this more:
Memorial Day Menu idea from Celebrity Chef Yossi
miso crusted eggplant:
1. globe eggplant sliced into 1" rounds
2. tablespoons gogourmet miso, garlic and herb or pesto butter
pre-heat oven to 350-375 degrees
lightly salt eggplant rounds and let sit for 5 minutes. pat dry with paper towel. place eggplant on lightly greased or pam sprayed aluminum lined baking sheet. add approximately 1-2 tablespoons your favorite gogourmet butter on eggplant evenly. bake in oven 20-30 minutes until very soft and lightly brown. enjoy
grilled garlic and herb corn
4 whole cleaned and husked (or husk peeled down and cleaned).
4 sheets of aluminum paper ( just enough to wrap corn in and seal)
1-2 tablespoons your favorite gogourmet butter (per ear of corn)
salt and pepper tot taste
place clean corn in aluminum and rub butter evenly into corn or if leaving husk on, rub butter into corn and bring back husk up back to its original look.
lightly salt and pepper and roll up aluminum and fold over sides to assure good seal. place on medium fire grill and allow to cook 25 minutes turning occasionally. unwrap and enjoy. place another tablespoon on cooked corn and let melt all over corn.
BBQ cedar planked garlic and herb salmon.
1 piece of cedar wood available at any major market (completely soaked for 30 minutes in cool water)
one piece 1-3# salmon fillet
approx 4-8 oz garlic and herb butter room temp.
preheat your BBQ to a good medium heat. place salmon fillet on soaked salmon plank and rub flesh with your favorite gogourmet butter. place cedar block on your BBQ and close top. check occasionally to make sure no wood is caught on fire. allow to cook approximately 20 minutes until salmon is slightly firm to the touch and white liquid is coming out of salmon. carefully remove cedar block with fish off grill with tongs and place on a cooking sheet. allow to cool and serve right off the plank... enjoy.
trader joes only sells our garlic and herb butter and its under their name. "trader joes garlic and herb butter". miso, pesto, vanilla bean and Cinnamon available at whole foods and gelsons.
for more great recipes http://gogourmet.com/
Congratulations Class of 2011
FORMER "IDOL" FINALISTS: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
A selection of past Idol contestants, and what they are doing. Remember any of these people?
1. Kristin Holt Adams, Season 1: Currently Hosting G4tv's X-Play and this fall's GT Academy on Speed Channel.
2. Anthony Fedorov, Season 4: Currently Releasing debut single, "You're Perfect," on June 29 with full album to come; Starring in touring production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
3. Antonella Barba, Season 6: Currently Singer in local rock band LA-eX.
4. Becky O'Donohue, Season 5: Currently Ashley on Spike TV's Thunderballs; the voice of Breakstone's sour cream.
5. Jared Cotter, Season 6: Currently Sharing songwriting credit on Jay Sean's No. 1 hit "Down."
6. Ace Young, Season 5: Currently Starting his label, Herrick Music; writing songs with Kimberley Locke; MTV pilot.
7. Kimberley Locke, Season 2: Currently Working on new music project with Ace Young
8. Luke Edgemon, Season 9: Currently Member of the Warblers on Glee.
9. Matthew Rogers, Season 3: Currently Host of Lifetime's hit Coming Home, he also wrote and sang the theme song.
10. Michael Johns, Season 7:Currently Working on new music with help from Idol's Randy Jackson.
11. Tim Urban, Season 9: Currently Performing new song on Eco Hollywood (CBS, May 28); finishing debut album.
12. Lakisha Jones, Season 6: Currently Pursuing her acting career. Spent two years starring as Sofia in Broadway's The Color Purple.
13. Elliott Yamin, Season 5: Currently Working on his third album (just released in Japan)
14. Syesha Mercado, Season 7: Currently Starring in the Marvin Winans movie Dreams; releasing debut EP, Syesha, in June.
15. David Archuleta, Season 7: Currently Promoting his second album, The Other Side of Down.
16. Pia Toscano, Season 10: Currently Interscope's next big thing.
17. Vonzell Solomon, Season 4: Currently Working on an EP; vocalist in the off-Broadway show Burn the Floor.
18. Diana Degarmo, Season 3: Currently Starring as Doralee in the national tour of 9 to 5: The Musical.
19. Mikalah Gordon, Season 4: Currently Pursuing an acting career; red-carpet reporting.
20. Todrick Hall, Season 9: Currently Campaigning for "token black boy" role in Glee via viral video.
21. David Hernandez, Season 7: Currently Dancing in Louis Van Amstel's Ballroom With a Twist.
22. Jackie Tohn, Season 8: Currently Appearing on Bravo's Platinum Hit with ex-Idol judge Kara DioGuardi.
23: Kris Allen, Season 8 WINNER!: Currently Credited with writing Matthew Morrison's new single, "Still Got Tonight"; working on songs for his second album.
24. Didi Benami. Season 9: Currently Writing music for a fall release; pursuing acting.
25. Casey Abrams, Season 10: Currently Enjoying the perks of post-Idol fame; jamming.
26. Kimberly Caldwell, Season 2: Currently Hosting VH1's Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp; promoting her just-released debut, Without Regret.
27. Allison Iraheta, Season 8: Currently Writing songs for her second album.
28. Casey Carlson, Season 8: Currently New to L.A. In her words: "Fresh off the boat."
29. Blake Lewis, Season 6: Currently Hosting weekly Idol party at his house; making music.
Q: 4 out of 10 ten guys will NOT ask a woman out on a 2nd date if she does this during the date. What is it?
A: If she snorts when she laughs
Q: In romance novels we love Doctors as the leading man. What's #2 profession of characters in romance novels?
A: A cowboy!
Q:According to a recent study, this sound is more likely to wake a sleeping man than a crying baby would. What?
Q:The Fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" Made $346 Million Worldwide making it the 3rd best worldwide debut of all time- what is #1?
A: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Q:According to a new survey, 50% of all women leave this place feeling frustrated. Where?
A: Dressing rooms
Q: Top Recording Artist Eminem and Youngest Nominee Justin Bieber Toke Home Six Billboard Music Awards Each Sunday night, Who has won the most Billboard Music Awards?
A: Janet Jackson has won the most awards.
This has got to be The most compelling aduio you'll hear of people hiding in a walk in fridge as a massive tornado destroys the building around them. Please keep the people of Joplin, Missouri in your prayers....
" ...the lack of visuals but the audio is pretty telling of how intense the storm was. The tornado hits at around 1:20 seconds."
Rey Fresco this Sat 5/21 at the Majestic Ventura
Myth Busting Pregnancy - Why Your Mother and the Book are Wrong!
May 24th Dr. Michael Green, M.D. will examine many of the myths as well as conventional wisdom and help to sort out what is correct and what is not. He will also take your questions and examine things that you may have heard about pregnancy and advice you may be wondering about. Dr. Green will address:
• What foods should I avoid during pregnancy?
• Is it really necessary to sleep on my left side?
• What supplements should I be taking while pregnant?
• How can I tell if the baby is a boy or a girl?
• How can I ind out how much the baby will weigh?
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Nichols Auditorium, Community Memorial Hospital
For reservations: please call 805/652-5436 or visit cmhshealth.org/rsvp.
Question: if Betty White & Sandra Bullock are both busy, according to a new survey, who is the next celebrity you should call if you want cast an appealing celebrity?
Answer: WILL SMITH. is the 3rd Most appealing celebrity
The 10 Most Appealing Celebrities:
#1.) Betty White
#2.) Sandra Bullock
#3.) Will Smith
#4.) Pauley Perrette (--She's the goth chick from "NCIS".)
#5.) Michael J. Fox
#6.) Morgan Freeman
#7.) Robin Williams
#8.) Tom Hanks
#9.) Clint Eastwood
#10.) Cote de Pablo
QUESTION: According to a men's magazine poll, the average guy does this for the first time at age 35. What is it?
ANSWER: Trims his ear hair!
QUESTION: When it comes to cover stories, Sandra Bullock sold the most magazines in 2010. What celebrity came in second for the most magazines sold?
ANSWER: Doctor Oz
QUESTION: According to a recent survey, this usually happens within 20 minutes of you coming home from work. What is it?
Answer: Have an argument with your kids or with spouse
HELP US HELP STEVEN MARTINEZ AND HIS FAMILY…Several days ago, Mrs. Carola, attended a local event where tragically her son Steven who is 6 years old fell from a 15 foot bounce house. Due to the seriousness of the fall he has undergone emergency Brain Surgery where they removed a blood clot and a portion of his skull to compensate for the swelling of his brain. His skull has been placed in his stomach until his brain stops swelling and can be placed back in his head, as he awaits another surgery. He was flown to Northridge Pediatric Trauma Center immediately after surgery. He is now receiving special attention at Kaiser Hospital in Los Angeles. We are accepting any donations help assist this family with some of the unforeseen expenses.
We are putting together a car wash and bake sell this Saturday May 14th in the Kmart shopping center in Camarillo from 8am – 4pm. We are looking for any help Saturday and asking for every one to come stop by. We will also be having music, face painting, fresh popcorn and more. All proceeds go to Steven and his family during this difficult time.
Our positive thoughts and prayers are needed to get through this most difficult time. Thank you so much in advance for helping us during this time.
Eat for a Good Cause
Thursday at CPK in Paseo Nuevo and chow down for a good cause. Print and Bring the flier above and CPK will donate a portion of the money to the Arthritis Foundation.
(Click here to make your own donation)
Thursday May 12th all day!
There will be a raffle with prizes from:Darin Jon Studio
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Be sure to print the flier and bring it with you. They only get credit if you have the flier!!!!!
Join TEAM LILY!!!! Lily is a 3 year old beautiful little girl living with Juvenile Artritis.
Join the 2011 SB Arthritis Walk on May 21st. Join Lily's team . Go to www.ccafwalk.kintera.org/lilybug and register and/or donate to her.
Battle for the Coast 2011! This weekend! Beer! Food! Vendors! Raffles! and ROLLER DERBY!!! Battle for the Coast is the Ventura County Derby Darlins epic two day tournament featuring some of the best teams from all around the West Coast.
For tickets & info go to http://vcderbydarlins.com/
Question: 5 out of 6 teens under the age of 18 have never touched one of these
ANSWER: A postage stamp!
Question: A new study finds that two-thirds of men in heterosexual relationships do this on average six weeks before the woman does
ANSWER: said "I love you" first
QUESTION: According to USA Today - What's the #1 item that vets remove from a dog stomach?
ANSWER: Women's Panties
Question: Aside from Cigarettes and lighters - Seeing one of these encourages smokers to light up.
Answer: Anti Smoking Ads or 'No Smoking' signs
According to head researcher Brian Earp, quote, "A lot of public health messages are framed in a negative way . . . say no to drugs, don't drink and drive, no smoking.--"What's interesting is the ironic effect of the negative image. No smoking signs are meant to discourage an activity, but what happens is you get a kick back so that the very item that's supposed to be prohibited becomes more desirable."
The study basically used image association: People who had seen images of the no-smoking signs were drawn favorably to other images related to smoking. According to Brian, quote, "It's a significant effect which we think would have real life implications . . . When I say 'Don't think of a pink elephant,' I've just put the thought of a pink elephant in your head.'" He says follow-up research proves it even further, and it'll be released soon.
Question: 40% of women think they look like one of THESE in a swimsuit:
Answer: An Avocado! * Source: Glamour Magazine
Question: With 464 definitions this word has more definitions than any other word in the English language. What is it?
Happy Mothers Day!
Here's Paul and Storms "Mothers Day Song" I played on the air this morning you can find it, and more great songs at http://www.paulandstorm.com/songs/ (LINK)
Here Are the Most Disliked Baby Names of 2011
Laura Wattenberg is the author of a baby name book called "The Baby Name Wizard", and instead of running the usual studies to find out which baby names are most popular, she went the other direction and found out which names are disliked.
The top four most disliked are Jayden, Brayden, Aiden, and Kaden . . . and Hayden came in sixth.
The rest of the top 10 are Hunter coming in fifth, then Bentley seventh, then Tristan, Michael, and Jackson.
For girls, the most disliked name was the ever-controversial Nevaeh. That's "heaven" backwards. The rest of the list includes Madison, Mackenzie, McKenna, Addison, Gertrude, Kaitlyn, Makayla, Bertha, and Hope.
Wattenberg's study also found some trends about disliked names. Usually the names that came out of nowhere to become popular experience a backlash. So do masculine names that suddenly become feminine, and weird spellings.
Some people go the other direction and just hate traditional names, which is how a name like Michael made the top 10.
According to the most recent Social Security Administration data, in 2009, the most popular boys' baby names were Jacob, Ethan, and Michael . . . and for girls it was Isabella, Emma, and Olivia.
Question: If Beatles taste like apples and wasps like pine nuts. What do worms taste like?
ANSWER: Fried Bacon.
QUESTION: today this is readily available but 300 years ago in Vienna, this was regulated as a drug.
Question: After the 9/11 attacks a schoolteacher in Washington, told students that he wouldn’t BLANK until Bin Laden was caught. What did he finally do on Sunday Night?
Ten years ago, Gary Weddle, a schoolteacher in East Wenatchee, Washington, was so absorbed in the news during 9/11 that he neglected to shave. A week or so later, he decided not to shave until bin Laden was captured or proven dead. He figured it would just be a month or two. Obviously, it wasn't, yet Weddle kept the beard, which grew to resemble, oddly enough, an Osama beard. Working as a middle school English teacher, each year he told students the beard was a reminder of the attacks. He was working in his garden Sunday evening when news came that bin Laden was dead. Weddle says he cut the beard off - in front of friends and neighbors as President Obama addressed the nation.
QUESTION: Mel Gibson's upcoming film “The Beaver” has been declared THE BEST WORST FILM TITLES what was #2 ?
ANSWER: Dude, Where's My Car?
1. The Beaver
2. Dude, Where's My Car?
3. Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot
4. Snakes On A Plane
6. To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar
7. The Banger Sisters
8. Prick Up Your Ears
10. Freddy Got Fingered
QUESTION: 61% of women have NO FAITH in their husband's abilities to do this?
ANSWER: Household repairs